Please note: Entries for our 2017 scholarship have closed as of December 1st, 2017.
Technological innovation is transforming the catering industry, as online orders through cloud-based softwares are becoming increasingly used. At FoodStorm, we’ve seen first hand how cloud-based software can transform catering businesses for the better. We believe that students in this field should have the opportunity to learn about the benefits of technological advancements in the catering industry from early on in their careers.
This is why we offer the FoodStorm Catering & Technological Innovation Scholarship for students currently enrolled in hospitality/catering-related and software development tertiary education courses. This scholarship is designed to assist students who are passionate about the catering industry and technological advancements in this sector, to further their skills and knowledge whilst promoting their work.
To apply for the FoodStorm Catering & Technological Innovation Scholarship, you must write a minimum 1,000 word essay on “The Impact of Online Technology on the Catering Industry”.
Things to include:
- An introduction outlining what kind of online technologies affect the catering industry and the importance of implementing cloud-based software.
- An example or case study of a catering business (or multiple) that has moved their ordering systems online; preferably, analyse how cloud-based software has transformed their business and the impacts its implementation has had. This should be original and not a case study already performed by FoodStorm.
- The effects that online technology can have on branding and marketing in the catering industry.
- A conclusion as to why catering businesses should implement cloud-based software and how this can make their lives easier, with justification.
- Relevant citations and sources for any statistics, claims or quotes used.
Your essay will be judged based on the level of research involved; the clarity of your ideas and expression; the level of innovative and creative thinking you bring to your work; along with the essay’s structure, language and wording.
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited tertiary education institution (university, college, TAFE, etc) on a full-time basis in one of the following areas of study:
- Catering/Kitchen Operations
- Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality & Catering Management
- Catering & Special Events Management
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Any other similar catering, event or hospitality related course
- Any other similar software development or programming related course
- The scholarship is open to bachelor, master and vocational students.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2017
- The award winner will be notified via email or phone by: December 14, 2017
- The applicant must be able to prove that they are currently enrolled in an accredited tertiary course.
The recipient will receive
- AUD $2,000 grant to be to be paid to the respective educational institution to cover tuition fees.
- Their work prominently featured in a press release and on the FoodStorm website and social media channels.
How to apply
To apply for the FoodStorm Scholarship for Catering & Technological Innovation 2017, send through your application to the FoodStorm Scholarship team.
Please include the following with your application:
including your full name and date of birth.
The name of your tertiary education institution, your area of study and the name of your course.
including your email address and phone number.
A minimum 1,000 word essay on “The Impact of Online Technology on the Catering Industry” written according to the guidelines provided.